Ahh FOOD! If you think about it in many ways most of our daily activities revolve around it in some way or another. Whether we’re meal prepping, planning a dinner, meeting friends for a snack, or going to the movies food is legit EVERYWHERE. It can be hard, at times, to stick with our own personal food goals whether it may be too eat less sugar or tracking your calorie intake when we presented with so many options. Since everyBODY is different it’s important to note that though not everyone may have the same food goals, it’s safe to say that some of us wish me had more self control when we pass Duck Donuts. And you know what that’s totally okay! Donuts are amazing and honestly count as superfood in my opinion. What’s more important than any diet, fad or craze is having a healthy relationship with food. Here are some tips to make sure you’re headed in the right direction:
- Eat Mindfully: Take time to appreciate what’s in front of you by looking, tasting, and smelling what you’re eating. Your brain will start signaling to your body that it’s satisfied and you’ll be less likely to overeat.
- Eat EVERYTHING! Yes EVERYTHING! Depriving yourself of the things you love just leads to hangriness and loneliness. And believe that bland salad you have planned is going to taste even more bland when you have a taste for something heaty, rich and cheesy. Spare yourself eat the pizza
- STOP Beating Yourself Up!! So what you ate a handful of cookies and had an extra helping of mashed potatoes at your boss’s catered birthday lunch at work today. You wanted it didn’t you? It tasted good right? That’s all that matters! All stressing about will do is lead you to possibly stress eat more cookies! Eat the cookies and move on.
- Give Yourself Permission to Enjoy Eating. Let’s face it, sometimes when you’re running around checking things off your never ending to-do list, we forget to take the time to eat, and eating does take time. Look ahead at your day and set aside some quality time to eat, rather than scarfing down something in between your hectic schedule. Give yourself permission to enjoy eating and your body will thank you.
- Don’t let Food be the Center of your Existence. The key to living a healthy lifestyle is balance. If you are too rigid, restrictive or strict about eating you could be setting yourself up to fail. This is a JOURNEY and we need to ENJOY the journey as much as we can. The more you can ENJOY the journey the greater the chance that you are going to sustain what you are currently doing and sustainability is the key. Eating food should not be the way we measure involvement in an activity. Don’t let your fear of carbs be the reason you miss out going to hang with your best friend who makes the best pasta carbonara. You need to remind yourself that you’re not there for the food you are there to have a good time, socialize, make memories.
Remember — PoleCon loves to feed you! Lunch is included in your ticket to PoleCon 2019. Book your ticket today.
Latest posts by Kira Porter (see all)
- How to Eat for Pole Dancing - March 15, 2019
- What is the difference between group classes vs. privates? - March 1, 2019
- Is pole dancing a sport or an art form? - February 1, 2019